2015 Native Hawaiian Education Summit Evaluation: If you attended this year’s Summit, we’d love to hear back from you. Please take some time and click on this link to share with us your mana’o.
Vision Statement — ‘O Hawaiʻi ke kahua o ka hoʻonaʻauao
I nā makahiki he 10 e hiki mai ana e ʻike ʻia ai nā hanauna i mana i ka ʻōlelo a me ka nohona Hawaiʻi no ka hoʻomau ʻana i ke ola pono o ka mauli Hawaiʻi.
Rationale – In 10 years, kānaka will thrive through the foundation of Hawaiian language, values, practices and wisdom of our kūpuna and new ʻike to sustain abundant communities.
- Goal 1 ‘Ōlelo Hawai‘i—In the next 10 years, our learning systems will:
- Advance ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi Expectations – Develop and implement a clear set of expectations for ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi that permeates all levels of education.
- Actualize a Hawaiian Speaking Workforce – Increase a prepared ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi workforce to ensure community and ʻohana access and support.
- Amplify Access and Support – Increase ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi context & programming to support the kaiāulu.
- Achieve Normalization – Pursue normalization of ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi.
- Goal 2 ‘Ike Hawai‘i—In the next 10 years, our learning systems will:
- Actualize ʻIke Hawaiʻi – Increase use of knowledge from traditional and diverse source.
- Amplify Leo Hawaiʻi – Increase ‘ohana and kaiaulu learning and participation.
- Advance Hana Hawaiʻi – Increase resources to support practice and leadership.